Why Give at Work?
Why Giving at Work Makes Sense
Many Americans give at work by directing a portion of their paycheck to the charities of their choice. Workplace giving is the most effective and efficient form of fundraising. Giving at work has great advantages for the employees who give, for employers who conduct campaigns and for the organizations that receive the contributions.
Benefits to Employees
- Choice – You choose how much you want to give and where your contribution will go. Select the health organizations that mean the most to you and those you know and love. Help find cures and more effective treatments for diseases or ensure that much-needed health education, services and hands-on care are available to people in your community.
- Convenience – Payroll deduction is one of the easiest ways for you to help your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers who live with serious, debilitating and possibly life-threatening health conditions. Your total pledge for the year is divided and deducted from each paycheck spreading your gift throughout the year and making it easier for you to give a larger gift.
- Confidence – Community Health Charities of Maryland annually reviews participating charities to ensure financial accountability.
Benefits to Employers
- Community Image – Conducting a campaign helps emphasize your commitment to good health for your employees, their families and the community.
- Employee Morale – Employees respond favorably when they know that their employer care about them and the community.
- Controlling Costs – The work done by CHCMD member agencies can help increase worker productivity, reduce absenteeism and lower the cost of health care.
Benefits to Participating Agencies
- Successful Fundraising – Workplace giving is the most effective and efficient form of fundraising, providing a much-needed income stream.
- Awareness – Workplace giving grants access to hundreds of thousands of employees who become potential donors for each organization.
- Volunteerism – CHCMD member agencies alert employers to event and volunteer opportunities throughout the year.