News and Events
WORKPLACE GIVING...It's as Easy as 1,2,3!
Individuals throughout Maryland are giving a "High Five for Health" by participating in their workplace giving (payroll deduction) campaigns and by supporting the missions of Community Health Charities of Maryland (CHCMD) and its member organizations.
To designate to your favorite charity in the United Way of Central Maryland campaign, please refer to the Impact Partners list to find that charity's designation code.
Interested in donating, however your place of business does not participate in a workplace giving campaign? Giving is easy! Just click on the "Donate Now" button on our website and select your favorite organization(s).
CHCMD Meets BBB Charity Accountability Standards
Community Health Charities of Maryland has met the 20 Standards for Charity Accountability of the Better Business Bureau. CHCMD participated in the review process through the BBB of Greater Maryland, Inc.
Reports available at http://www.greatermd.bbb.org/ are developed to assist potential donors in deciding which nonprofit organizations to aid with their donations of money and time based on full and accurate disclosure of key financial and other details.
CHCMD Approves New Member Agencies
Community Health Charities of Maryland represents 52 statewide and regional member agencies in the 2012-2013 workplace giving campaigns, including the following new organizations:
- CaringBridge - a nonprofit offering many ways for people to care for each other during any type of health event.
- Cerebral Palsy International Research Foundation - funds research and educational activities to discover the cause, cure and evidence based care for those with cerebral palsy and related developmental disabilities.
- Huntington's Disease Society of America - is dedicated to improving the lives of people with Huntington's disease and their families through support of research, providing information and resources and education.
- National Psoriasis Foundation - whose mission is to find a cure for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and to eliminate their devastating effects through research, advocacy and education.
- People's Community Health Centers - provide quality, dependable, integrated health care to all who seek it, regardless of patientsí income or insurance status.